Wow!
The last week was quite an adventure. It started out with a P-day in Hamburg. We went and checked out the city, and just enjoyed it for the few hours we were there. That was a good time, and I am a little better acquainted with the German City-culture. It is quite a different experience to be out in the country for so long.
The Heide area is a tourist area. There are a few beaches along the coast, and so people like to take vacations over here. This last week has been a prime time for vacations because of Easter! We took this opportunity to talk to people about Easter and the true meaning of it (namely: The Resurrection of Jesus Christ). It turns out that not many people really understand that! (And many of them don't want to understand it). I talked to Germans who were complaining to me about how Americans are un-christian because we don't close all the stores and take extra time on "Good Friday" to observe the Crucifixion of Christ. That is also a big holiday here in Germany. I actually heard a lot of "Germans are better than Americans" speeches this last week. I don't know why they insist on telling me that when I am talking about Christ and God, and his plan for us. Oh well, what can you do?
This last week we tried praying and fasting specifically for one investigator. Our answer we received was not anything like we had expected! Instead of helping us with this specific investigator the Lord showed us something else. As we ended our fasting time, we went to some previous investigators. We have gone by their houses several times, and they are never home! We were hoping to catch at least one of three that we decided to go by. We went by the first one... he was home! He wanted us to come in right then, but we didn't have time. He said that for sure we could come by on Thursday. It was already successful! Then the next person. We went by him, and to my utter surprise, he was also home! He said he was so so so sorry for letting the other appointments fall through. He said that is not okay and we can come over again this week on Wednesday. Awesome! Another Appointment! Two in a row like that rarely happens. Finally, we went to the last person we planned to go by. We went by and she let us in to talk a little bit. We had a few minutes so we went in and got to know her a little better. She used to be a Jehovah's Witness, but didn't like that the teachings and the practices were not in sync with each other (I guess in the area where she used to live, the Jehovah's Witnesses weren't living like this lady thought they should). She left the JD's, and was interested in learning more about our religion. We didn't have much prepared, but we shared a few things and she said we could come back again on Wednesday. It was definitely an answer to our prayers and fasting. The Lord was showing us that there are still more people out there that he has already prepared, and we shouldn't push too hard on somebody who isn't quite ready yet.
The weather here is warming up significantly. The members are starting to want us to come over for eating appointments more often. We eat outside and my companion and I are getting some nice tans! At least from our hands to our elbows and from our foreheads to our necks. Gotta love the nice farmer's tan look!
This week ends the transfer! Watch out everyone! I might be transferred next week! We get our transfer calls on Saturday, and I will be able to tell everyone on Monday where I am going or if I am staying. I would be okay staying here; I like the members, I have a good companion, and when we get transferred we have to travel with the train and bus system alone! Regardless, I will go where the Lord needs me to be. We'll find out next week where that is!
Für alle Fälle: Ich möchte ein bisschien Deutsch schreiben, um die Deutsche Sprache zu üben. Die letzte Woche war wunderbar. Ich hatte vieles erlebt und ich freue mich für die kommende Woche. Ich danke ihr alle für eurer Unterstützung! Ich weiß gar nicht, was ich schreiben soll! Mein Mitarbeiter schreibt emails noch. Darum schreibe ich noch auf Deutsch. Na ja, es geht schon. Später haben wir einen Termin mit Mitglieder. Wir haben schon vieles gegessen! Hoffentlich kann ich mehr essen. Vielleicht muss ich ein bisschien Sport machen, bevor wir zu die Mitglieder gehen. Okay, jetzt muss ich los! Dankesehr! Bis nächstes Mal!
Alles Gute!