Monday, May 2, 2011

Transfer!

Yep!  You guessed it!  I am being transferred!  No more letters to Heide!  I am going to Hildesheim!  That's a little bit south of Hannover.  I have already heard so many good things about it, so I am excited.  Sorry, I forgot to bring my new address to the internet cafe, so I won't be able to give out my new address until next week!  :(  I was hoping for post too!

The last week has been pretty awesome!  We have seen so many miracles here in Heide.  I can't even count them!  We have worked so hard to find people, and we found some!  We have seen things happen that I would never have expected.  For example, we were doing doors one day and there was a guy sitting in his garage with the door open.  We had 15minutes for doors before our next appointment and we weren't sure if we would make it to that guy's house before our time was up (we try to keep organized where we do doors so that we can keep track of where we have been and where we still need to go).  The Lord had a different plan for us!  This guy yelled for us to come over, asking us if we were afraid to talk to him or something.  We explained that we wanted to go up one side of the street first, then down the other side, but that we would be happy to talk to him now.  This man listened to us and told us he would love to meet with us.  We made out an appointment with him and left on our way. 

I also got to go on another companionship exchange in Flensburg.  This time I was with a missionary I met in the MTC!  That means, both of our German is not really that great.  At first I was afraid I wouldn't know what to say to people!  We went on our way and talked with the people of Flensburg.  We prayed for help and trusted the Lord.  Our prayers were answered!  The Lord gave us what we needed to say, all we needed to do is open our mouths.  It was amazing!  We even met a guy on the street who talked with us for about 30 minutes!  Imagine that, a 30 minute conversation with a man in German when we have only been speaking German for 4 months! (3 months for the Elder I was with).  That was definitely a testimony of the gift of tongues for me.  We both taught this guy what life is about, and how we can find out to know if the church is true.  I know we helped this man, and I am so glad we did!

This week I get to travel to Hildesheim and meet all new investigators and members!  I'm excited and know I will have another great city.  Heide was awesome, and I can't wait for Hildesheim!

I attached a picture of the sunset yesterday. It was pretty cool! :D  I also attached a picture of my (first) district, Heide, Flensburg and Rendsburg!
Remember: I have a new address!  I'll send it next week, don't write to my address in Heide (the Berlin Address still works)