This last week has been full of travels. We were first required to travel to Hannover with the car. We did this in order to get our winter tires changed out, and our summer tires put on. It was a 3 hour drive to get there, and a 3 hour drive to get back! Talk about a long time in the car! My companion does not have a driver's license, so that means I had the opportunity to drive the entire way! :D
Later that week, we took the train to Hamburg. We had president interviews there in Hamburg. Normally we go to Kiel, but this time we were in Hamburg because on Saturday we went to Oldenburg for a baptism. We took the car to Oldenburg. That took us a good 2 and a half hours to get there too! We went to the baptism because it was Elder Baake's investigator that he taught before he got transferred to Heide. Our mission President said that it would be okay if we went down there so that Elder Baake could baptise him. That was a good travel!
During our travels I did see some strange stuff. For example: On the way to Hannover I saw a skiing "hill". There are no mountains here so there was a man-made hill for skiing and snowboarding! It was so weird! It was smaller than the smallest hill in Heavenly, but it was about the size of a normal "bunny hill" at other ski resorts. I didn't get a picture, but it was definitely an interesting thing to see.
We also saw a Ferrari Enzo driving around Heide. That was cool! I had never seen one of those in real life before. Same with an Audi R8 parked in Hamburg. The nicer weather is coming, and I guess that means nicer cars too! Cool stuff.
We have a member in Husum area that we visited this last week. That was interesting. We visited this member because she is less active and we wanted to see if we could help her with anything. It turned out she wanted us to play a game called, "Flash cups". It was an interesting game. My companion did not like it at all because she was always telling him he was doing it wrong. He said, "I didn't know there were rules for putting cups on top of each other!" It was funny. We're going back on Friday, maybe we will play again! Haha, mal gucken!
Well, it was a good week, we found more people to teach, and we were able to witness a baptism. I'm excited to go another week. Maybe we can find somebody that will be baptized! That would be awesome! I know this Gospel can help each and every one of us come closer to God and return to him someday.
Enjoy your week!