Hey!
So, this last week was pretty much amazing. We started the week out well by finding some great people, we had a zone conference on Thursday, and throughout the week we had some miracles!
The Zone Conference pretty much changed my world. I decided to kick everything up a notch. I had worked super hard to get where I am, and then I thought to myself, that I want to reach higher. I set my bar up another couple notches, and I continue to climb. I decided I am not going to settle for anything less than what I can be! That is valid for everyone on Earth. If you push yourself as hard as you can, you can achieve so much!
Also, the other day we were walking to go visit an inactive member. We were just kind of going down the street, trying to find out where this person lived. Somehow I made a wrong turn, which set us back some time. We turned back around and headed back the correct direction. All the sudden I heard behind me, a man. He asked us if we were the Mormons. Naturally, I answered in the affirmative. He then began to explain that he is a member--baptised and all! He had fallen away from the church and began drinking, smoking, and drinking coffee. He didn't want anything to do with the church. Now, at least a year after the previous contact with missionaries, he searched us out and told us that he is doing super well! He says he quit drinking, quit drinking coffee, and quit smoking. All because he knows the church is true and wants to feel of the Spirit again. He wants to come back to church, and he is happy to be back. He said he repented and wants to move forward. What a miracle! I could not believe it! I have never lived such a happy experience. I felt exactly like the father whose son came back. I wanted to kill the best calf we had and hold a feast. I can't wait to see him at church.
On Saturday, we had an appointment with one of our investigators. He decided that he wanted to make us some Foo Foo! It is a traditional Ghanian dish, and he said he loves to make it for the missionaries. Elder Hess had the chance to eat it for the first time! It was super delicious. The pictures are of the Foo Foo itself, and of me eating it!
That was our week! It was great! I can't wait for another great week! I miss you all and hope you have a great week!
Also, by way of announcement (haha): If you send me a package, make sure to send it to the mission home in Berlin--NOT to me at the apartment. Packages take longer, and sometimes require going through customs. If you send them to the office, then the office can take care of all the customs problems, and eventually forward the package to me. Letters can still be sent to the apartment, no worries there.