Monday, September 5, 2011

New Companion: New energy: New Month

Hey You!

The last week has been pretty good!  I guess I didn't write last week, so I can say the last two weeks have been good!  I got a new companion, Elder Olsen!  He's sort of from Canada, but he has been living in Utah for the last few years.  I just accept him as Canadian, because it's way better to say that than to tell everyone we are both from the United States.  The German culture in general doesn't think highly of the US.  That might be a european culture actually. 

We have actually just done a lot of talking with people this last week.  It was really good!  We are building up this area even more.  It's fun working here, and it's cool to see how the city is growing as more students come in to study at the university.  The semester starts in October, so the time has come for the students to start moving in!  :D

My companion and I were doing doors on Sunday.  It was really cool.  We actually felt like a certain street was good, so we starting knocking on doors (actually we were ringing the doorbells because that's how you do it here), and we ran into a certain young lady.  It turns out we had talked to her on the street in Goettingen, and she went to the website we gave her on the pass along card.  We found out a little later that she had even ordered a Book of Mormon!  We were excited, and I offered to simply give her the book now while we had it, but she insisted that she waits until it comes in the mail.  I explained that we will just get a letter saying she wants a book and we will just come back, but she didn't understand.  That was kind of funny.  So I guess we will just wait for the referral letter, then we will head on over and give her her book.  Fun stuff!

Well, have a wonderful week!  I know that Jesus is the Christ and our Savior.  Never forget!   Enjoy yourself, and stay positive!