I guess you all would like to know about my New Years! Well, i'll tell you:
Basically, we had to be inside by 6pm. New Years here in Germany is crazy. No fireworks are illegal here, so all night and all day people are lighting off fireworks. I don't think it was as bad here in Heide as it is in other parts of Germany, but it was still important for us to be in at 6. Also We had to change a few things and take a P-day on New years day. We were not quite sure why it was other than people would be hung over from their alcohol and not want us around. It turns out that as we tried to walk around the town and maybe get some things we need, EVERYTHING was closed on New Years! Nobody works on New Years day. I guess on holidays, All germans take the day off and thats how it works. So there were no people on the streets, hardly anyone driving around, and nothing was open. We took that opportunity to do extra studying and cleaing up the apartment. Then that night, we did some visits and some street contacting. It was a good deal.
Oh, and also nobody picks up their fireworks trash, so we took some time to pick up as much trash as we could. A couple hours later, and you couldn't even tell that we were picking up fireworks trash for 2 hours! There is so much of it littering the ground! So crazy. I think they have specific street cleaners that clean up all the stuff, i'm not sure.
Well that's how that was! I hope you all have had a good new years!