Well talk about an adventure! I am now in Germany serving the Lord and the German people! Well Let's start real quick with the plane rides. The first plane to New york was delayed about 3 hours, then we were delayed even more in New York! only in new york we sat on the plane on the ground for at least an hour. Crazy Stuff
As we arrived we got our baggage and such and met our Misison president, President Pimentel. He is awesome. I like him already. We went and had some food and did Mission protocol type stuff. We Went out with a missionary and did some street contacting, which was cool, then we ate at a restaurant and went to bed in a hotel. The next day we went back to a church building and met our trainers and left for our areas.
I got assigned to Heide, Germany. Northern Germany. Everybody is saying that this is the coldest Winter Germany has seen in 50 years. There is snow everywhere, and it is nice and cold. On the way to Heide, we took a few trains, then drove up to Heide from Hamburg. We didn't get home until really late! I don't remember how late, but just enough time to get ready for bed and then go to bed. It was quite a day.
The next day was good. We tried to take the trains to our district meeting and then found out we were on the wrong train. So when we finally made it back to where we started, we called and they just told us that since we are so late, we can just skip district meeting this week. So I didn't get to do that.
We don't have too many investigators, so we are mostly doing street contacting and door knocking. Not what I expected to be doing all the time. It's really crazy. People here in Germany are very direct with you. If they do not want to talk to you, feel disturbed, or are upset that you are bothering them, they let you know. On the other side, if they are feeling sad, or something is on their mind, they will tell you. We experienced that with a Lady that we visited. It was somebody that Elder Erickson (My trainer) had seen on the street last week before I arrived. We asked her how she was doing and she said she was terrible. We talked with her and learned that two of her sons had died, and she had been thinking about that a lot recently. She told us she felt better after talking with us and we made another appointment. It was cool to be there to reassure her that it will be alright, that she can see her sons again. I didn't say much because I can hardly understand and speak German, but oh well. It's cool regardless.
We also made out a couple appointments knocking on Door yesterday. That was cool. We get rejected so often, that when we finally find somebody ready to hear us, it's wonderful!
Well that's how the work is going! I'm sure there are those who would like to know how my apartment is and about Germany.
Well I haven't been here that long, so I still don't know a whole lot about Germany. I am just trying to speak the language and make the best use of the Lord's time. My apartment that I live in DOES have a Bidet, or whatever those things are called. I thought that some people would find that interesting. Although, I have not yet used it! Haha. The houses here are very interesting, very cool, and much older than most of the houses in the United States. It's cool to see them and stuff. Usually a few families will live in a single house that is separated into parts by walls and there are a few klingels by the door. So you klingel the person you want, and they can either buzz you back or come down and open the door for you. It's interesting.
There is so much for me to learn! I hope I can learn it fast. I thank everyone for their prayers and support!