Hey!
So I finally have gone into the MTC. It has been an awesome week. I have been sick, which has been difficult for me, but that's alright. The first day was crazy, we did a lot of things! I can't believe everything that we do. The few days after that were equally as hectic. We have so much time that we just sit and study. I did not expect it to be this way. I expected some classes and a lot of learning. However I was surprised to find out that it is all done in ONE classroom! Crazy. Days start blending together because everything is the same and hardly changes. That's alright though, I am learning a lot of self-discipline! I definitely feel the Spirit here. Everything just feels, different. Things that I wouldn't normally do are starting to become interesting and fun. I don't know how to explain it!
I think that so far I really love all the languages going on here at the MTC. Everyone is trying to learn their languages and practicing them on each other. It's a lot of fun! I get to use German all the time! I have learned quite a bit of vocabulary with it too; however, I looked through what we go over as far as grammar goes. It turns out that everything I learned throughout my two semesters at BYU Idaho is what we go over. So, I am going to have to learn to accept that I know this, and just try and help the rest of my district. I am sure I will learn some new stuff too.
Surprisingly to me, a lot of my district have had previous German experience! I think the Lord is preparing Germany for something great :) I expected to have a little bit of a head start on other people, but I don't. I do know a little more grammar, but that's it.
My teachers, Brother Naumann, and Brother McCracken are both awesome:) It's fun to get both of their different personalities and teaching styles. I know I will learn a lot from them. My companion, Elder Barnes, is a funny guy! he is from Utah, and he takes a lot of me making fun of Utah-ans. Good thing he can take a joke! ;) haha. Normally they put 4 Elders to each room, but Elder Barnes and I have the privilage to receive the old cleaning closet converted into a room. So we only have us two in there. It's kind of funny.
I have never used a watch so many times in my life! Just a strange side note, haha!
I also wanted to note that I have seen so many evidences of the Gospel and the Spirit here at the MTC. It has continued to strengthen my testimony. Whenever my companion and I study, we always end up choosing to study something that teachers, and leaders decide to teach us more about later that day. Everything is just falling perfectly into place.
Every once in a while I do see Elder Francis. It's cool. We don't get to talk a whole lot because there is always something to do, but it's nice to see him. He goes to the MTC in Guatemala soon! I bet that is super exciting! He seems excited haha.
I love letters! DearElder.com is awesome! I hope everyone decides to use it ;) haha. I have received letters and such, and they make me happy! I can only reply to them once a week, but they are great. Keep them coming!
I'm running out of things that I want to write because I am so focused on typing fast enough before my time runs out! haha, that's alright though, I'll catch people up next week I suppose! Thanks for everyone's prayers and good wishes. Things are awesome here!
FAITH IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT!