Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another great week

Well it has been another great week.
A lot of people have asked me about my zone leader responsibilities.  Well they are going great!  I don't get a lot of time to do anything like journal writing anymore, but it's alright.  I love being able to care for, and help out all  the missionaries who are going German Speaking.  My companion and I successfully planned out our first Sunday (which is a Zone Leader responsibility) and did Checkouts on Monday and Tuesday for departing missionaries.  On wednesday we got new missionaries and we did orientations for them, and we get to do more today!
Today at Breakfast, I saw a friend from my German class at BYU-I! (actually he said he was an "acquantance", he is really funny).  It was really cool!  He, Elder Evans, is going stateside though.  He thought it was crazy that I was going to Germany!   He said he forgot almost all of the German from that class, haha!  I don't know if I mentioned, but another Elder in my zone, Elder Hahne, was also in my German class Winter Semester of BYU-I.  He is going to the Alpine German speaking mission.  It's so weird that two people from that class (him and I) are both going German speaking!  So crazy.  I love it.
The weeks have been awesome.  Before I came here I had the opportunity to go to a Mission Conference for the Las Vegas West Mission.  During that conference, Elder Pearson talked to us. He was so powerful and I learned a lot from him.  In fact, I implement a lot I learned from him, and the Spirit during that conference, in what I do everyday here at the MTC.  Crazily enough, he came to the MTC on Tuesday!  He was our devotional speaker.  It was way cool!  He gave the same "talk" as in the LV West Mission conference, but in 1/3 the time.  It was still awesome. 
The MTC is good.  It seems long though!  I have already been here for three weeks.  I constantly think that if I were going English Speaking I would be out of here already!  I'm not though, and that's okay with me.  I can't wait to head out and serve the German People.
I see Elder Richard Francis pretty often.  It's cool to see him and talk with him when I can.  He and I are still building each other up!  We know we can serve great missions. 
Well, here is a really brief message :P ---
Nachdem das Evangelium Jesu Christi Jahrhundertelang verloren gewesen war, wurde es durch einen Prohpeten weiderhergestellt.  Der Himmlischer Vater hat ihn gesandt, weil er uns liebt. 
Ich weiß, dass das wahr ist.  Jesus Christus ist unser erlöser.  Das Buch Mormon ist wahr.  Ich weiß, dass Thomas S. Monson ein Prophet ist, und er liebt uns.  Joseph Smith war ein Prophet.
Well, there you go!