Monday, October 17, 2011

Is there ever a dull week?

Hey You!!

Have you ever wondered if there are simply weeks that aren't very exciting?  Well, wonder no more!  There is always something exciting in every week.  The Lord doesn't waste his time we give him!  This week was no exception!

This week was a pretty cool week.  We did more teaching than normal, we were able to set a specific date for baptism with one investigator, and we were able to enjoy the cooler weather!  Unfortunately, it has warmed up this weekend, but it will definitely get cooler again. I must say, I love wearing a scarf.  You can't wear scarves in the USA like you can here.  You can see the picture of me, and my companion as an example!  I may have to bring the fashion of scarf wearing over to the USA (everybody wants to bring something from the culture of where they served over to the US, right?). 

There's actually a story to this picture.  I just happened to be wearing a scarf at the time! haha.  So we got a brand new bike this week because my companion's bike was unsafe to ride, and it would cost more than a new bike to repair!  So we were riding along, to go visit a member in the city and... my companion got hit by a car.  Bummer right?  He didn't get hurt, but the bike is once again... Kaput!  So... we have to travel with the busses.  The busses don't go everywhere at the most convenient times, so sometimes we have to ride a bus that is close to the area, and then just walk.  This was one of those cases.  We were walking along where we thought was right.  We noticed we needed to turn left, and didn't want to backtrack, so we found some farmer's road.  Usually these roads go all the way through, and so it wasn't really abnormal to take such a road.  We walked, and walked, and walked, just like the pioneers.  Then, we realized that the road just ends, and there is no way to make it accross the Autobahn to get to the place we wanted to go!  So, this was the walk back.  We laughed a lot over the fact that we went on this muddy famer's road to find out that there was no way to get to where we wanted to go.  I got mud all over my pants and shoes.  It was great. 

We then walked furthur to the closest bus stop.  The bus didn't come for another 20 minutes, so we decided to do some doors in the area.  We did doors, and guess what.  We made out a new appointment with somebody!  It was cool!  We then went back later that week, and they accepted to meet with us again!  Super cool!  So, I guess all that walking wasn't for nothing. :D

Okay, next cool story.  We were just studying and stuff in the morning like normal.  I believe we were studying up on our German at the time.  We then received a phone call!  I answered, and it was some lady who wanted to meet with us.  I took down her address and said we could come by the next day.  That was already awesome because I have never had somebody call ME to ask if we could meet before.  We went by to visit this lady and one of the first things she said was, "I used to be in the 'Pfings' church, but now I want to come to your church."  That's also something I have never heard!  Super crazy, but I'm not upset.  So that was super cool.  We plan on working more with this lady and helping her understand everything, and arrange for somebody to pick her up so she can make it to church! 

Well, that was the amazing week.  Or at least a couple highlights.  Have an excellent new week!  Enjoy the Fall!  I know I am!

Until next time!