Yes, it is true. I am super happy to have the colder weather again! I welcome the Autumn weather! The cooler air, the rain, the gray skies. They make me homesick--or perhaps they just make me snowboarding-sick! That's okay. I have better things to concentrate on anyway.
So, I have a few things to tell about! I missed writing about everything last week because I was a little bit caught up with the time. So I will start with last week. Last week, I spent a couple days in the city of Kassel. I was there on a companionship exchange. My district leader, who comes from Austria, decided to do something fun with me while we were on the streets finding people. Instead of the normal way of talking to people, we decided to pick up a shoe box. Elder Shaeffner, my district leader, called it "The Finding Box." Basically, he would put something in the box, and I would not know what it is. We would come up to somebody, tell them we have something in this box that can help people to strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ. He would then open up the box, and I would have to somehow connect whatever was in the box with the gospel and turn it into some sort of lesson or ask if we can meet again another time to talk more about it. It was crazy! I had a lot of fun with it. I had not ever done something so on-the-spot in German before. It really pushed me to use all of my German knowlege, gospel knowledge, and just crazy logic to do it. It was definitely cool.
Later that day in Kassel, we had an eating appointment with a member family. I found it super cool that the father of the family told me not only that I have good German, but that I have only a little American accent when I speak. That was probably the coolest compliment I have received since I have been here in Germany. haha.
This last week, my companion and I were in a place called Moringen. There is an investigator there, who is actually in some sort of correctional facility. So, we were visiting him there. He is really trying to become better so that he can be baptized. He knows the church is true, and he also does his own missionary work! It is amazing. I have never met an investigator so strong as he is. He isn't really our investigator, he lives in Stadthagen, but we are taking care of him while he is in this correctional facility within our area. As we left this correctional facility, which we say is pretty much a jail, we realized we had to RUN or else we would miss our bus. So, immediately as we got out the front door, we ran! It was hilarious. Just imagine two men wearing suits, running out of a jail, then running accross town and jumping on a bus. I just thought it was hilarious. I can only imagine what people were thinking when they saw us.
I am also super super super happy to report that one of our investigators accepted the invitation to baptism! I am so happy for her. It is the first time that I have had an investigator agree to be baptized! Now we have the opportunity to talk more about baptism, and to prepare her to be baptized. I know she is doing the right thing, and that she will definitely be blessed for making this decision.
Well, that was my wonderful week. I hope that you also had a great week. Have another great week this week!
Bis dann,