Monday, June 13, 2011

New Transfer!

Well, it is a new transfer for us in Germany!  I am pretty excited to start a new transfer.  I am not moving to anywhere new, but I am getting a new companion, Elder Johnson.  I am excited to work with him.  I got to know him a little bit in the MTC.  He and I overlapped our MTC time by 3 weeks. 
 The last week was full of appointments!  I mean full!  We had so many that were planned.  Unfortunately, not all of these appointments went through.  Some people decided they didn't have interest anymore, and some people forgot.  That's alright though, because we were given the opportunity to find more people!  It's always good to find new people!  I love finding people who are interested, and whom we can teach. 
Today and yesterday were both holidays in Germany.  We were expecting more drunk people to be out on the streets, but this time there was some sort of event going on in the city.  Most of the people were attending this event, and as a result, we didn't have as many people to talk to like the last one.  The last one, "Christi Himmel Fahrt," tends to be a bigger drinking Holiday.  Bigger than this weekend Holiday.  Germans were drinking anyway, of course.  It wasn't anything super crazy.  We walked around the city anyway, hoping to find people.  It was still good.  A man came up to us and asked to meet with us, before we even talked to him!  That was way cool.  We gave him our info and we will meet soon. 
There tends to be people we meet on the streets often.  Sometimes we make appointments with these people, but they never go through.  We make appointments everytime we see them though.  It's pretty funny.  We are making friends on the street simply by inviting them to the gospel.  Of course the missionaries are always coming and going, so they aren't permanent friends, but it's still kind of fun.
It has been a good week, and I am looking forward to another great week with a new companion!  I can always use your prayers and love!  I'm still in Hildesheim for another 6 weeks, so if you want to send me a letter, I wouldn't be upset! ;)