Monday, March 14, 2011

Phew!

Wow!  The transfer has gone by fast!  This Friday we have transfer calls and I'll find out where I'm going, or if I'm staying in Heide!  I'm already almost no longer a "greenie" or Golden as we are called here.  It's so crazy!  Most people are happy to no longer be a Golden, I'm not so excited.  I still have a lot more German I need to learn!  Haha!  That's okay, it will come. :D
It has warmed up here, there are more people outside.  The only problem is everyone is talking about Japan.  People are starting to lose faith in God because of the huge Earthquake.  They say that if God existed he wouldn't let such things happen.  It's so wrong!  We are seeing the God is preparing us for his presence.  I know that we are given the opportunity to help our fellow men so that we can be better, and help them be better!  Oh well, I can only bare my testimony and hope that the Spirit tells the rest that I can't explain in words.
This Wednesday we are going to the Gymnasium in Brunsbuettel.  That's the equivilent of an American High School.  We have to give an hour presentation and then answer questions for half an hour in front of 45 students!  I'm pretty intimidated already!  My German isn't very good.  I'll need all the prayers I can get!  We start at 9:30AM, so about 12:30AM Pacific Standard Time on the 16th.  So Pray for me! I hope we can help these students understand more about our missionary work and about the gospel. 
Last week we ran into quite a few Spanish speakers.  Enough that I decided I need to practice my spanish a little bit again.  I bought a small Spanish-German Dictionary and re-learned a good amount of Spanish in order to portray our message as missionaries.  Since then, we have come accross zero Spanish Speakers.  How funny is that!?  Oh well, I have plenty of time to run into somebody from Spain or somewhere.  No problem!
The Branch here is doing a 40 day fast for missionary work!  I'm super excited.  I think it will really help the missionary work in this area.  I'm excited.  It started today and goes until 40 days later, haha.  :D  The efforts the members can give can help so much in this work!
Well, it's been a good week, I hope that you all have an excellent week as well!  I give all my love and greetings!